Tuesday, February 3, 2009

anthem time. [t-minus and counting.] (day 4)

today they're starting the tough stuff. the chemo that comes with a warning label two pages long. like one of those dumb warnings on a water ride- "you will get wet." well, of course you're gonna get wet. unless you get a terrible seat, and you get barely splashed. like with chemo, "you will get sick." of course you're gonna get sick! it kills cancer cells, healthy cells, and my immune system pretty much. Awesome, right? Six days of this stuff. sweet...
i think i've found myself an anthem. yepp, sure have. superwoman by alicia keys? yeah, it's my song.
"still when i'm a mess, i still put on my best with an s on my chest, oh yes i'm a superwoman" yeah, that's what i need to pull myself through these six days. that kind of attitude i already have. i just found a song that puts it all together. its anthem time kids.
they just hooked me up to it. here goes nothing! i'm hooked up to an anti-nausea med, a glow in the dark chemo, and a clear chemo that lasts twenty-four hours for the next six days. I know, six days, me attached to something? not good. I'm gonna end up breaking something!! I obviously have terrible luck..
right now, i feel good. right now, the obvious side effects have not set in. right now, i feel like myself. i'm enjoying this feeling. i took a shower this morning, i feel clean. i washed my hair and put it up nice. i'm wearing awesome pajamas, i look and feel healthy. i feel pretty today. this feeling will be gone soon enough. it will not come back for a while. These next six days will be some of, if not the hardest of this whole hell-like tretment. but that's when its anthem time. cause i am superwoman, yes i am.
so? t-minus and counting. counting down to the end of iv chemo. counting down to the end of stage one. counting down to being cured. totally and completely cured.
thanks so much everyone, keep praying for me. the doctors said i'm responding well. :)
sarah. [:

No comments:

Post a Comment